From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Chittaranjan Park (Bengali: চিত্তরঞ্জন পার্ক), aka C.R. Park is a neighbourhood in South Delhi, and home to a large Bengali community in Delhi. It was established in the early 1960s under the name EPDP Colony or East Pakistan Displaced Persons colony, and was renamed after Deshbandhu (patriot) Chittaranjan Das, in 1980s. Today despite its growing cosmopolitan demographics, it remains home to a flourishing Bengali community, and hub to Kolkata-style street food stalls, offering Bengali cuisine, fish markets, temples and cultural centers.
linked from red bubble
1. See the Taj Mahal
2. Eat at the highway Punjabi dhaba
3. Watch an Indian movie in the theatre
4. Play cricket on the street
5. Put mehndi aka henna on your palms
6. Take a dip in the Ganges at Varanasi
7. Walk through the bazaar of Chandni Chowk, Old Delhi
8. Go to Pushkar Mela(Fair)
9. Sip tea at a streetside stall
10. Watch the cricket match at Eden Gardens Stadium, Calcutta
11. Visit the city of Palitana, City of Jain temples
12. See the Golden Temple, Amritsar.
13. Spend a week at Osho Ashram, Pune
14. Sunset with the camels on the sand dunes of Rajasthan
15. Visit the mystical ruins of Khajuraho
16. Tiger Safari at one of the many Tiger Reserves
17. Visit the Gir Sanctuary, the last refuge for the endangered Asiatic Lions in the world.
18. Attend the Durga Puja in Calcutta
19. Fly kites at the annual kite flying festival in Ahmedabad
20. Blind yourself dancing in the monsoon rains (my personal favorite)
21. Go the southern tip of India, Kanya Kumari.
22. Get an oil massage in Kerala
23. Ganesh Visarjan, watch the idol of Ganesh the Hindu God being immersed in the sea.
24. Visit the Tirupati Temple, Tirumala.
25. Stay at the Udaipur Lake Palace Hotel, Udaipur.
26. Dine at The Taj Hotel, Bombay
27. Take the Darjeeling Train Journey, Darjeeling.
28. Volunteer at an Orphanage.(believe me it will change your life)
29. Travel in the train (make sure it’s not first class)
30. See the Meenakshi Temple, Madurai
31. Attend the Republic Day Parade, New Delhi.
32. See the world famous Dabbawallahs (lunch delivery specialists, all of them uneducated) in action in Bombay. (given a six sigma rating for organization and zero wrong deliveries)
33. Meet the Real Maharaja staying at one of the heritage hotels.
34. Go to Ladakh the highest plateau in the world
35. Visit the Chapel of St. Francis Xavier in Old Goa.
36. Yak Safari in Sikkim
37. See the Sun Temple in Konark, Orissa.
38. Stay in the Shikara or House boat in Dal Lake, Kashmir.
39. See the Mysore Fort lit up, Mysore.
40. Sun Bathe in Goa.
41. Visit the Gandhi Ashram, Ahmedabad
42. See Jodhpur, the blue city, Rajasthan.
43. See the Red Fort and Qutub Minar, Delhi.
44. Tashi Jong Monastery, a Buddhist Monastery, Himachal Pradesh.
45. Follow the Buddha Trail, Where Budhha found enlightenment.
46. Scuba Diving in Andaman Islands.
47. Visit the Ajmer Dargah, Ajmer.
48. Ride a motorcycle on the street of India.( seems impossible)
49. Do Kushti i.e. Indian form of wrestling.
50. Get a Gold Facial. Yes, 22 carat gold facial.